MS SQL Server - Loading script

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

EirikCh

MS SQL Server - Loading script

Post by EirikCh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this community, and I've just started trying to import PATSTAT into several SQL Servers, MYSQL, PostGresQL and lately MSSQL.

Im running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Does anyone have a complete working loading script for MSSQL for Autumn 2016? By that I mean, a script that unzips the zipped .txt files, bash or other, and INSERTS them in order into their respective tables, which I've already created.

Such a scripts would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Eirik Christensen
Norwegian Industrial Property Office

mkracker

Re: MS SQL Server - Loading script

Post by mkracker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:18 am

I just want to point out that in the PATSTAT documentation there is a document (also attached here:
HintsForDataLoading_v1.3.pdf
(151.3 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
which contains several links to forum entries or other websites where PATSTAT users kindly made their loading scripts for MySQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL available.

Not all might not be up to the latest version, but in any case they might save you quite some effort.

Martin Kracker / EPO PATSTAT
-------------------------------------------
Martin Kracker / EPO