My Files: what files are effectively listed

JBL

My Files: what files are effectively listed

Post by JBL » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Hello,
When I log in to MyEpoline and go to the MyFiles section, I get listed only those files, for which I am designated as the first representative. It seems that currently it is technically not possible to list also those files, in which I am only designated as a further representative, i.e. the files of my colleagues of the same Association :cry: .

Now my question is: which files will I see in the MyFiles section, if we change the representative of all the files to the Association?? Will I see (with my personal certificate/smart card) all the files in which my Association is designated as representative?? Or will I see no files any more, because the system can no longer match my personal certificate/smart card be with the representative at file?

Thany you for your help

Regards

J. Beissel

pivdstee

Post by pivdstee » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Hello Jean,

I had the same question a while ago, and the answer seemed to be that upon transfer to the association, the files will not show up again in your personal MyFiles page (if I am not mistaken!).

However, it is possible to add files manually to this section of the epoline services:

1. under My Files, you can create Folders. Create what you need to keep an overview.
2. click on "File inspection"
3. Open a file you wish to add to your "My Files" by entering its publication or application number
4. when the file is opened, select the folder you wish to copy it to under "Copy to folder"
5. The file is now accessible from the selected folder in your "My Files".

Please note that, due to unavailability of secure file inspection, unpublished files remain unaccessible on epoline...

Best regards,

Pieter Vandersteen

JBL

Post by JBL » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:16 am

Hello Pieter
pivdstee wrote:the files will not show up again in your personal MyFiles page
This is the answer I really did not want to get, although I had my doubts that it would come up.

The manual maintenance of the MyFiles section is not really an option given the high number of files which would have to be manually copied to the folder.
Moreover, in case that the "Secure Online File Inspection" service will be restored one day, it will certainly not be possible to get access to the non published files of our association in that way.

Best regards,

J.Beissel

pivdstee

Post by pivdstee » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 am

It is clear that this is not good. We have exactly the same problem, and the result is that nobody in my association uses this feature.

An in-between solution would be an association smart card.

Another solution would be that an administrator for the association (for the mailboxes) could determine which file from the association is linked to which representative.

But I understood that both these solutions are technically not possible at the moment... :cry:

Are there any other people with the same problem? Please post a reply then, so we can make it a requested feature!

Pieter Vandersteen

Kelly Hill

Re: My Files: what files are effectively listed

Post by Kelly Hill » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi All

I have been asked to look into this for my company and from the look of these posts it seems unlikely we are going to be able to use it either.

If anyone is keeping track of the number of people who want the service improved, please add me to the list.

Regards

Kelly
Kelly Hill

John654

Post by John654 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,

I'm also unable tu use this. Please put me to the list because i want this feature!

TomPeters

Post by TomPeters » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi

You can add my name to this list as well but I think we will need more people before a change will be made

Tom

D. Van Haken

Post by D. Van Haken » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Dear all,

please subscribe to the topic for further updates. New posts requesting to be added to the list will however not be processed.
regards,

Dirk Van Haken
Product Manager Online Filing
EPO