NACE2 codes and IPC codes updation

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

pardeep.naik

NACE2 codes and IPC codes updation

Post by pardeep.naik » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I am using PATSTAT 2017 Autumn version. I have following two queries:
1. When was the last time NACE2 codes were updated according to the modifications in IPC codes in PATSTAT? Are they updated in every new version of PATSTAT?
2. Modifications to IPC codes are updated in every new version of PATSTAT? e.g. the following link tells about modification in IPC codes according to IPC version 2018.01:
https://www.dpma.de/english/search/clas ... index.html
I want to know whether these modification will be updated in next version of PATSTAT? if not, usually how long it takes to modify IPC codes into PATSTAT?

Thanks and regards,
Pardeep

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: NACE2 codes and IPC codes updation

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

Hello Pardeep,
The IPC/NACE concordance table is based on the work carried out for Eurostat in 2014.
Here is the link to the background paper:
IPC_NACE.xlsx
(20.1 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Every PATSTAT release will include an update of new patent applications according to the existing concordance table. In the attached excel sheet, you can see which subclasses are not covered by the current concordance table. (F24S, G16H, F24V, F24T, A23L)
I also added a patent count of non-linked IPC subgroup level classifications codes.
We are not aware about a planned update of the IPC/NACE table, but if and when it happens, we will integrate it into PATSTAT.
IPC_NACE.xlsx
(20.1 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org

pardeep.naik

Re: NACE2 codes and IPC codes updation

Post by pardeep.naik » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot for the replying and making things clearer. You forgot to provide link to the background paper, instead by mistake you provided same excel sheet. I request you to please provide the link to background paper. That would be very helpful.

Regards,
Pardeep