New document defining the XML content within EP and PCT

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding any integration issues with third party systems

twesthues

New document defining the XML content within EP and PCT

Post by twesthues » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm

To anyone who is using or working on the XML content to be able to either import manually or via the PMS/Gateway interface, the document explaining the XML content has now been updated with the EPC2000 compliant forms and in addition includes EP1038 and PCTRO101 forms - it can be found here:
http://docs.epoline.org/onlinefilingdoc ... 080620.pdf

Please let us have your comments about the usefulness of such a documents in order to enable us the assessment for any future maintenance or further work in that direction.

Many thanks,
/Thorsten/
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Piroue

Re: New document defining the XML content within EP and PCT

Post by Piroue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:23 am

Hello Thorsten,

since nobody has given an answer: I find it very useful. My question: Are there any major changes in Version 5 for the XML - files and the way, how epoline is called by command line?

/Bastien

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm in the process of updating the above mentioned document...

A preview:
There are no changes to the interface itself but some changes in the XML content and no changes to the XML structures (DTDs) apart from the extension of the application-body.xml to cater for the so called 'common application format' in addition to what was accepted when filing the technical document in ST36 XML format.

The main changes in the content or its interpretation in the request.xml are:
- designation states do no longer have to be listed individually, only <region>EP<region> will suffice to designate correctly all states (which is now the fixed default situation anyway)
- for the fee payment, it is necessary to refer to the correct fee table date and indicate which fee shall be paid - the amount of the fee and the applicable factor/reduction/quantity will be determined by the OLF system and hence, does not have to be correct in the import XML
- there are a number of additional document identifiers in EP1038 (e.g. in the areas of limitation, revocation, and non-public attachments)

Thorsten

alexthurgood

Post by alexthurgood » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 am

twesthues wrote: Please let us have your comments about the usefulness of such a documents in order to enable us the assessment for any future maintenance or further work in that direction.

Many thanks,
/Thorsten/
Hi Thorsten,

This looks to be a very useful document as far as I'm concerned, thanks for putting it together.

Alex

Sue Callam

Post by Sue Callam » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

I don't know if this has anything to do with your post. We do not use XML for our attachments, we use PDF. However we randomly experience the following message.

"XML file is not valid; xmit-receipt.xml"

When can create a 1038 or EP Reg Phase Entry Form and save to DRAFT. We can open the file OK at this stage. We then move the file onto "Ready to Sign". We can move it on OK, but when we try to open it to move it onto Ready to Send we get the above error message.

The only way to work around this at the moment is for the administrator to delete this entry and start again from scratch creating the 1038 or other EP form and attaching the documents. Which is very time consuming for the administrator.

Please can you help me to understand why we receive "XML file is not valid; xmit-receipt.xml"

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Sue,

not really related, however, I wonder how you create the files are you importing perhaps already sent items that include the files xmit-receipt.xml? I confess that I have never come across this issue before and I would need more information as to the exact circumstances of your installation and how you arrive at this problem. In fact, it might be an idea to get in touch with our support as they can devote more time to you than myself.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Regards,
Thorsten

Kelly Hill

Post by Kelly Hill » Mon May 17, 2010 3:27 pm

I've seen the error message too. In our company it only happened on one machine, and we seemed to be able to ignore it by repeating the action. When we viewed to docs, the xml files were all there.

It happened after we had viewed our 1038, then made a change in the annotation and viewed it again.

When I tested the exact same form on another machine (as the same user) I didn't get the error message. I've asked my IT guy to look into it for me, but would be interested to know if anyone has found the cause of it.

In the meantime we will just work around it in our office.