New Espacenet / missing Page bookmark

AndreasWagnerBerlin

New Espacenet / missing Page bookmark

Post by AndreasWagnerBerlin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Dear All,
I switched to the new espacenet. There I am missing one nice feature from the old espacenet, which is the "Page bookmark".
The old espacenet showed e.g. the following URL:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publica ... KC=A2&ND=4

as a clickable item: EP1234567 (A2) - Filling material based on particulate composite

I am aware in new espacenet of the option to "Share this patent > Copy link to clipboard".
However this lacks the elegance of the clickable old "Page bookmark":

Do I overlook a feature in the new espacent?
Andreas Wagner

Patent Information Marketing

Re: New Espacenet / missing Page bookmark

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:05 am

Dear Mr Wagner,
As you already mentioned, in principle the functionality is also available in new Espacenet. Please be aware that you can also copy the document link to the clipboard by right-clicking on the document number in the "Published as" section of the bibliographic data pane.

Hopefully you find this helpful.
Kind regards

AndreasWagnerBerlin

Post by AndreasWagnerBerlin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Thank you for your answer.
However I still would vote for the missing feature of "Page bookmark" in new Espacenet.
Eventually a new feature for the next release?

It makes life much easier if you have to document results in e.g. a presentation or report.
With your workaround I have to manually build the page bookmark or spend two lines (text + link).

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Dear Mr. Wagner,
We are planning to include the requested feature in one of our next releases: Thank you again for the helpful suggestion.
Kind regards

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Dear Mr. Wagner,
Please note that we have implemented your page bookmark proposal in Espacenets starting from the August release as stated in the release notes 1.14.3:

In classic Espacenet, when copying the page bookmark comprising the title and patent number to a Word or Excel file, the copied data includes the hyperlink to Espacenet. This handy feature is now also available in the new interface. Tip: this feature works best if you select the items you want to copy backwards, i.e. starting with the last character of the title (omitting the space) and copy them to the clipboard.

Thank you again for your great suggestion.
Kind regards