New Fees....Old Fees

Dechant

New Fees....Old Fees

Post by Dechant » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 am

Hi there.

I rang the EPO on the 1st of April after it became apparent that the EP fee update wasn't all successful.

All our drafts that were created before the 1st had the old fees and those created after the 1st had the new fees and there was no way for us to change the old drafts to incorporate the new fees. The only way to do it would be to recreate all the old drafts.

The EPO told me it was a known problem and engineers were on site fixing the problem with the assurance it would be completed the day after. Well it's now a week later and nothing has changed :roll:

Please can I have an update on the situation

Regards

twesthues

Re: New Fees....Old Fees

Post by twesthues » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi Simon,

:?

Code: Select all

engineers were on site fixing the problem with the assurance it would be completed the day after
Well, this does not seem to reflect the reality. It is intended to solve this issue with version 4 i.e. the fee schedules used in at least the templates and possibly also the drafts will be updated by the system - ideally with a message to the user that this is happening.

:|
For now, if you want to use the new fees and the correct calculations, especially the claim number factor, you need to firstly use the E2K versions of the forms and secondly, there is no alternative to re-doing the templates and any drafts at this point in time - sorry :(

The background here is that this updating of fee information inside a template or a draft is a major component change that needs careful consideration and testing, moreover it cannot be done by a fee update patch or a new plug-in - it is core functionality which can only change with a new overhaul of the complete version itself i.e. v4

I hope the above clarifies the issue a bit more.

All the best, Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!