New version of the European Patent Register

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding the European Patent Register (formerly Register Plus) and Register Alert

Patent Information Marketing

New version of the European Patent Register

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:09 am

A new version of the European Patent Register is available. For more information please consult the release notes.
Kind regards

Patent Information Marketing

hahn

Re: New version of the European Patent Register

Post by hahn » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:12 am

Hallo,

in the new version, the "Zip Archive" download on the "All documents" page is not working. I always get the error message:
An unexpected error occurred.

The page you tried to display caused an error.

The data you requested cannot be retrieved at present. This could be due either to one of the databases being currently out of service for technical reasons or to network problems.

Download contains too many pages.
The maximum total number of pages allowed per download is 1 000.
I know, that the maximum has been set to 1000 pages. However, the error message always shows up, even if I try to download a single document having 3 pages. Thus, the function is not usable.

A timely sloution would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Jörg Hahn

EPO / Innovation Networks

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Dear Hahn,

When you use the ZIP archive, all pages are downloaded even if you have selected documents that amount to less than the limit of 1000 pages.

If you want to download only the documents you have selected, you must use the "Selected documents" download option.
Kind regards,

The Innovation Networks Team

hahn

Post by hahn » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 am

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. When I use the "Selected documents" download option, I get a single pdf file containing all the documents I wish to download. That's very inconvenient. Contrary thereto, the ZIP archive contains individual pdf files for each document. This makes handling of the documents much easier. Thus, it would be helpful if either the ZIP archive download would be allowed for selected documents or it would be allowed to download complete ZIP archives for files having more than 1000 pages.

Best regards,

Jörg Hahn