No entries found

katt

No entries found

Post by katt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to get an overview of the patent activity in the meal-kit industry and would like to start by analyzing how many patents HelloFresh SE has. However, I tried several firm names and can't find any entries.

I would be very grateful, if someone could help me.

Thank you in advance!

Patent Information Marketing

Re: No entries found

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:33 am

Dear user,

Thank you for your question. Whereas the EPO does not perform searches as such for external users, I can give you some hints that could help you further in your search, in addition to the useful tips provided by Ms Iris Danner.

To have an overview of the patents in the domain of meal-kit industry:
1. Search for the keyword "meal-kit" plus any relevant synonyms relating to this type of industry.
2. Select relevant documents in the result list.
3. Analyse in the relevant documents which IPC and/or CPC classification codes and which technical terms have been used in relation to the meal-kit industry.
4. Broaden your search with classification code(s) and keywords which fit the searched domain.

With regards to your second question, if you can't find any patents for HelloFresh SE or any variant of this name, it could be that this company did not file any patent or that it filed patent(s) under a different name. If you are interested to know who are the main applicants with regards to your search results, you can do this by activating the "Filters" area and displaying the filter "Applicants".

You will find basic indications on how to search in new Espacenet in the pocket guide (https://www.epo.org/espacenet-pocket-guide), if wished.

If you need some further help with your search, you might be interested to know that there is a network of patent information centers in Europe, whose mission is to act as innovation supporters by providing the public with comprehensive information on industrial property protection and related services. Some of them provide "patent search" services: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... tem_4.html.

I hope the above information will be helpful and wish you success in you search.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Re: No entries found

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:12 pm

To add to the previous explanation. Further to a research by keywords, the Filters area can sometimes be very helpful to find relevant classification codes. When displaying the IPC or CPC filters in the Filters area, you will indeed find the most frequently used codes in the search results. The hyperlinks on these codes will then enable you to open popups with the definition of the IPC/CPC codes in the CPC scheme, thereby providing you with a quick way to analyse their possible relevance to your search.

Kind regards,

Andrée
Kind regards