no patents in north macedonia?

dschmauss

no patents in north macedonia?

Post by dschmauss » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Hello,

is it possible, that no patents are filed in North Macedonia? I just typed the respective Country code "mk" " in the field "publication number and didn't get any results.

Doesn't espacenet list patents from North Macedonia? E.g. I also wanted to find, which patents the "SS. CYRIL AND METHODIUS UNIVERSITY IN SKOPJE" holds as applicant -- but zero results.

I can't belive that, but where is the error?

Thanks for your Input!

Patent Information Marketing

Re: No patents in north Macedonia?

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Dear User,
Macedonia (the Republic of North Macedonia ) was a part of Yugoslavia and has YU patent code for all applications/publications up to 1992, after that Macedonia got its own country code: MK.

Unfortunately the EPO does not have any MK publications from 1992 onwards in our database. That does not mean that MK in general has no patents, but only that we don’t have them in Espacenet. We have some YU data (prior to 1992) from Macedonian companies, but no MK data. For MK patents after 1992 you will have to search in the register of the respective patent authority.

In Espacenet you will find however currently 120 families published from 1992 onwards with at least one applicant from MK.

By the way, you can always check what is published in the EPO databases here:
Latest bibliographic coverage
Latest full text coverage
These links are also available on the Espacenet landing page.
Kind regards

Patent Information Marketing