Non-automatically translated patents

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

scasola

Non-automatically translated patents

Post by scasola » Mon May 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Hello! I am an NLP researcher and I am trying to construct a dataset of patents in multiple languages (abstract and Description at least).
The ideal situation would be that of getting human-translated patents (e.g., I know a translation might be required for the European patents). Otherwise, even patents from the same family for inventions protected in multiple jurisdictions could work (or any other related dataset).
Is there any dataset that allows to "easily" link patents in different languages, e.g. through metadata?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Non-automatically translated patents

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue May 31, 2022 4:15 pm

Hi

Dataset can be either DOCDB in XML or PATSTAT for abstracts and as far as descriptions, EP full text data or any of the National full text collections: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... -sets.html or OPS webservice/OPS Published with descriptions and or claims constituent: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... s/ops.html

We offer online consultations to any potential or existing users when they need assistance in either choosing or using any of our datasets (free or paying) or services like OPS, so if you want me to go on the 1 hour call with you and or your colleagues and discuss all options and reply to any questions you might have you can let me know and we can organise a Teams/Zoom Online meeting at your convenience. You can reach me at patentdata@epo.org

This offer goes to anyone who wants to discuss data or services at the EPO or needs short hands-on training or has questions about data/services in general or needs other assistance related to any of the products or OPS services we offer at the EPO.

I am looking forward to any such request from any users or interested parties that are contemplating using our data or service but would prefer "face to face "(online) discussion first.

Regards
Vesna Vajsbaher (Ms) for OPS/bulk data sets at the EPO
patentdata@epo.org