OLF and MacOS successful

Martinadu

Re: OLF and MacOS successful

Post by Martinadu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:42 am

Thank you Mr. Kuiper for sharing your success story.We do have to stress here however, that The EPO
supplies the Amyuni PDF converter (Windows version)n for free to all users. You just need to request it
from the User Support by phone or email at support@epo.org.

Regards,

Martin Adu
Installations

a.kuiper wrote:Installing OLF on my iMac has been successful though I did have some start up problems.
1) I use just Bootcamp (no Parallels or VMware), Windows 7 and Microsoft Office XP. Space 40 GB. The Arial Uni True Type font has to be installed specifically from the Office set-up disk; it does not install by itself. To install the font you have to go to the configuration screen, insert the Office disk and select the item. I have not written down the precise steps.

2) Amyuni needs to be configured to fit the system requirements of OLF: via the configuration screen, right-click on AmyuniPDFprinter, select tab PDF options, tick the boxes for: multi language support; font embedding; partial font embedding; embed standard fonts; output PDF/a. If not configured properly, a file made with PATxml will not be imported into OLF. You need to buy the Amyuni license otherwise there is a message on the PDF that a demo version is used (I did not test if the OLF rejects it with that message). This of course is the same also for regular Windows users.

3) I use Firefox, there is a clear tutorial how to configure security. In IE I do not know how to configure.

This works nice. It took me long to find out and I thought I should share this.