Online renewal fee payments - cross checks

Alex Frost

Online renewal fee payments - cross checks

Post by Alex Frost » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Two questions:

Firstly, in order to have confidence in our Renewals systems, I would like to understand whether the EPO software checks the data I send. I know that if the application number is wrong, the software rejects the payment. Is this also true if the fee is wrong? For example if I instruct payment of the 5th year renewal fee and the 6th year fee is actually due, will the EPO software "know" this and reject the payment?

Secondly, when I first started to set up the Excel spreadsheet and the XML document converter, I obtained some "example" spreadsheets from the EPO. I cannot now find them on my PC! Can anyone tell me where they are located on the EPO web site?

Thanks

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Dear Alex,

the payment data is uploaded as a pending order and thus not checked against any procedural relation at this time - the payment is then effected by our Cash & Accounts department and system - if the payment turns out to be illogical i.e. double payment of renewal fee or payment of the 6th instead of the 5th year renewal fee etc., an error is prompted at the formality officer's side who will then take corrective action by changing the fee code and either refund any overpayment or request the party to compensate any underpayment whichever is applicable.

As to the spreadsheet example: the EPO no longer provides for the XML converter but instead offers a Multipay tool which also converts CVS data into the required XML file for upload - examples are shown in the documentation and can also easily be established by exporting any manually entered data from the Multipay tool.

I hope this helps,
Thorsten (QA Team)
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

margocale

Re: Online renewal fee payments - cross checks

Post by margocale » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Where do I go to find the Multiplay tool?

Regards

twesthues

Re: Online renewal fee payments - cross checks

Post by twesthues » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

http://www.epoline.org/portal/ ->Download centre ->Software ->Online Fee Payment related software

-Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!