OPS API SLA

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

bradea

OPS API SLA

Post by bradea » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello

where can I find out more on the service availability for the online APIs? both for free and paid subscribers?
what is the SLA?

thanks

EPO / OPS Support

Re: OPS API SLA

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Sorry, can you be more precise? Where did you see SLA expression used? I am not familiar with this term.

Everything you need to know about OPS is described on our OPS pages (documentation, FAQ's....): http://www.epo.org/searching-for-patent ... t/ops.html

Regards,
OPS support

bradea

Post by bradea » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi

SLA means Service Level Agreement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-level_agreement

let me try differently: service availability - our customers are looking for an API that has 99,9% service availability per year, this means 99,9% of the time is up and running. this includes planned maintenance downtime.

what availability have the OPS APIs?
both free and paid.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi
You probably didn't have time to look at the website I've linked in this post for you because this information is available actually avaialble on our website:

Open Patent Services(or OPS) provides web services for machine-to-machine queries that deliver production stable patent data from the European Patent Office (EPO).OPS services are free of charge up to 2,5 GB od data per week and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please read the fair use charter and terms of use for details about how to use OPS

The only difference between paid and free service is the amount of data that you can retrieve and this is also explained in terms of use document also available on already mentioned website.

We have occasional maintenance releases that only sometime cause shorter service interruptions and are always announced in this forum,

I hope this clarifies and as mentioned before, you will find all necessary information on our OPS website and OPS FAQ’s

If you have any other questions that you would rather address us please send email to the email mentioned in your registration confirmation email.

Regards,

OPS support