OPS returning stale results

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Mike_k43

OPS returning stale results

Post by Mike_k43 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 am

Dear OPS support,

I have now observed the following: Sometimes the OPS servers simply return the result from the previous query, instead of returning the results of the subsequent query. This is then visible from the ETag response header, which is identical between subsequent responses. It is then also visible from the content-length response headers which also remain constant between subsequent responses. In such situtations, the user is thus provided with stale data from his previous request, instead of data corresponding to his new request. This may happen even when all throttles are "green", you are not anywhere of exhausting one of your quotas, and the servers are in state "idle". Is this correct, and if so, what is the purpose of this behaviour?

mike_k43

EPO / OPS Support

Re: OPS returning stale results

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:33 am

Hi,

In all the years of OPS we have never received such feedback from any of few 1000 users - I can not reply to this at all without some kind of example. I woudl suggest that you send such examples to patentdata(at)epo.org instead of publishing it here,

Regards,
OPS support