OPS status differs from EPO Online Register

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

cbailey

OPS status differs from EPO Online Register

Post by cbailey » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Application number: EP08835045
On the register, the status of the case is: "Request for examination was made"
(https://register.epo.org/application?number=EP08835045)

When querying OPS, the status returned for this application is: "GRANT OF PATENT INTENDED"

I have read through the documentation and have searched on the forum but I am unable to find anything to reconcile this difference.

Is there something I am missing?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: OPS status differs from EPO Online Register

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

We know about this issue and are currently trying to find out what is a caused of this.

I will get back to you once I know more

Regards,
OPS support

EPO / OPS Support

Re: OPS status differs from EPO Online Register

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:40 am

Dear user

I was just informed that the error that you've found is infect a bug that needs correcting but correction will only be possible with the next maintenance release which is not yet set at this point. Once I know the date I will inform you.

The only workaround that we can offer at this point is to take a XML records from European Patent Register's ST36 file. It's not ideal because you can only search for a record at the time but at least you will have proper XML.

ST36 XML record is available here:https://register.epo.org/application?number=EP08835045

As soon as I have more information on the next maintenance release date I will post it here.

Regards,
OPS support