OPS to fetch Validation and Extension States

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

MerinP

OPS to fetch Validation and Extension States

Post by MerinP » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,

I have seen that the Register Retrieval Service does provide the details of Designated States as below

<reg:designation-of-states change-date="20190118" change-gazette-num="2019/08">
<reg:designation-pct>
<reg:regional>
<reg:region>
<reg:country>EP</reg:country>
</reg:region>

</reg:designation-of-states>

But this doe not provide the List of Extension States and Validation States. Is there any other service that provides the same?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: OPS to fetch Validation and Extension States

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi,

You can try this:
.../rest-services/register/publication/epodoc/EP2000000/procedural-steps

You can see some designations, validations, extensions in OPS Legal, but that's not very reliable, the list can potentially change or you are not able to see if designation (validation etc) fees were not paid (there would only be payment info, non-payment is not included).

I know that we had some issues with some validation states info in Register (for MA, for example) but that should be fixed in the meantime. If you have an example where you know that country should be listed and its not then send me that to patentdata(at)epo.org

Desigations, validations and extensions are also in EBD : https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... -sets.html if you want alternative to OPS.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support