Pages missing downloading documents

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

AutoDocs

Pages missing downloading documents

Post by AutoDocs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello,

It'd seem that some documents are missing pages.

WO2006115872A2, for example, is missing page 34. JP2001348244A is missing its last page. Is this actually noted in the XML sent by OPS? I may just be missing it in the XML, but these cases seem curious and I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with them if the information isn't actually noted in the XML.

Thanks for any information.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Pages missing downloading documents

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:42 am

Hi,

I think you need to try to download document again. Page 34 is almost empty, with only one sentence in the middle (Original document is not available for WO2006115872 (A2)).
Capture_wo.JPG
Whenever you are trying to verify if you have an issue while loading or the problem is in the data, just check how Espacenet displays it. OPS is the system that feeds all our services with image data (except European Publication Server)

The same is also the case in your JP document: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publica ... cale=en_EP#

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

AutoDocs

Post by AutoDocs » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:43 pm

I saw that when I looked on the main page. What I'm curious about is if there's any way to determine that there's a page missing without just attempting to get it and catch the failure.

The main espacenet page itself seems to have a problem with those sort of documents when you try to download the entire document. Regardless of where the missing page is, the only thing you'll get back from the espacenet download option is a single page "not found" document despite the other 5, 10, or 100 pages existing. So I'm also curious why these pages would even be treated as exiting and just failing when you try to get them. At the very least, it seems like those pages should be a REAL PDF page that simply says "Not Available" (ideally with an explanation as to why) and not a failure PDF page.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am

Hi,

In will pass your comment to the department in charge and maybe they can either explain the thought behind or change that in the future.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS