patent count by company

Here you can find announcements regarding the EPO's patent information products and services, events and activities.

Please also feel free to ask questions and share information on general patent information matters.

Tyna

patent count by company

Post by Tyna » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 am

Hey
Can you help me with this query please? How to get the patent count (in the technological field with CPC code Y02E 10/70) for each French companies?
It is not appropriate in my study to use appln_Auth='FR' in the query, to select french firms
I want to use applicant (not inventor) country code, is it possible? or do you have other ideas ?

Thank you from advance

EPO / Innovation Networks

patent count by company

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 am

Hi Tyna,

In Espacenet you can enter [FR] in the inventor field and Y02E10/70 in the CPC field. You can then export your result list and sort according to company in excel.

We hope this helps.
Kind regards,

The Innovation Networks Team

Tyna

Re: patent count by company

Post by Tyna » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey,
Thank you for your answer. I'm not looking for inventors, I need applicants (firms).
I tried to put [FR] in the field demandeurs but i generally get the inventor too.

best regards

EPO / Innovation Networks

patent count by company

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

The result list will also contain the respective inventor regardless of whether they are French or not. Here's an example where you can see non French inventors for French applicants.
Attachments
FR applicants.jpg
Kind regards,

The Innovation Networks Team