PatentIn/PatXML

oudinste

PatentIn/PatXML

Post by oudinste » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Hello,

I am trying to copy/paste a sequence listing generated by PatentIn into a document created with PatXml. However, the resulting application is incomprehensible since the alignment between the nucleic acid sequence and its numbering is destroyed by the font used in PatXML.

Any idea on how I can circumvent this problem.

Thank you in advance

Stéphane OUDIN

alexthurgood

Re: PatentIn/PatXML

Post by alexthurgood » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:14 pm

oudinste wrote:Hello,

I am trying to copy/paste a sequence listing generated by PatentIn into a document created with PatXml. However, the resulting application is incomprehensible since the alignment between the nucleic acid sequence and its numbering is destroyed by the font used in PatXML.

Any idea on how I can circumvent this problem.

Thank you in advance

Stéphane OUDIN
Hi,

AFAIK, PatentIn uses a fixed font. This is why if you copy/paste the sequences into a word processor, or whatever editor you are reading your PatXML file in, the resulting text may or may not lose its formatting and thus cause the numbering to slide out of sync with the sequences.

In order to get things back to normal, you have to reformat the text copied using a fixed or non proportional font. As you don't say with which program you have opened your PatXML file (which I assume is pure XML so probably in a text editor), that option may or may not be available to you (although most modern text editors let you change the font). The problem with opening in a word processor, if such is your case, is that the kerning options of the font or the font itself might be interpreted differently than from within a text editor.

Alex Thurgood