PATSTAT autumn 2016 release

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Jos.Winnink

PATSTAT autumn 2016 release

Post by Jos.Winnink » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 am

Dear all,

when trying to load PATSTAT Biblio, PATSTAT Legal Status and Patstat Register we found two files that seem to be in error. The issues concern

TLS221_part37.zip the size of the file is 7.552 MB (??) and after line 368187 the data seems to be distorted
REG108_application_stat_part1.zip around line 1.135.957 ("id" 15.851.178) the data becomes unstructured

In both cases an error "unknown compression method" occurs. I checked the files on a PC running Windows, an Apple pc running the latest version of MacOSX and on an Linux (SuSE) PC using various "unzip" programs an in all situation the problems persist. So my conclusion is that both files are in some way distorted. The media used to distribute the media to us were USB-devices.

Kind regards,

Jos Winnink

Jos.Winnink

Re: PATSTAT autumn 2016 release

Post by Jos.Winnink » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

ls.,

After downloading the products PATSTAT Legal Status and PATSTAT Register, I found that the two file's I complained about in my earlier post are OK. So as far as I can see the problem is restricted to the USB-version.

Regards,

Jos

mkracker

Re: PATSTAT autumn 2016 release

Post by mkracker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Dear Jos,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
We know that some people already opened and imported the files on the USB memory sticks without problems.

But for some users (currently we are aware of 2 cases) these files on the memory sticks cannot be unzipped:
  • TLS221_part37.zip from PATSTAT Legal Status
  • REG108_applicant_states_part01.zip from PATSTAT Register
For all those subscribers who experience these problems we recommend that they download the files of PATSTAT Legal Status and PATSTAT Register from our Download Platform. To get access to it, please contact our help desk "patstat [at] epo . org"

Martin Kracker / EPO PATSTAT

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused,
Martin
-------------------------------------------
Martin Kracker / EPO