PMS resetting EP1038 fee factor/quantity on import

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding any integration issues with third party systems

matt.woodward

PMS resetting EP1038 fee factor/quantity on import

Post by matt.woodward » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Since my last post on Dec 11, 2010 (http://forums.epo.org/onlineservices-yo ... c1539.html), we have been successfully using the PMS interface to transfer applications from our 'offline' system to our 'online' system while maintaining their 'Ready to sign' status.

Unfortunately a recent update seems to have introduced one of the problems we began using the PMS interface to avoid.
We are now finding that when we import EP1038 applications, using the PMS interface, all the fee factors are reset to their default values (either 1 or 0).
Apparently this has been happening for a little while and the users have been manually correcting the fee factors after the import.
It was only when an application was created that only had a fee with a default factor of zero that I was notified, because the PMS interface refused to import an application that had a fee payment method selected but had zero fees.
This bug can be easily demonstrated.
Create an EP1038 application and on the 'Fee Selection' tab enable a fee code (e.g.015) that allows the fee quantity to be changed. Change the fee quantity from the default. Move the application status to 'Ready to Send' (I don't know if this is necessary but this is our procedure) and export it using 'File\Export\XML to File(s)...'. Then import the application using the PMS interface.
If your system behaves as ours does, you will find the Fee Factor (Quantity) has been reset to the default.

The whole point of our using the PMS interface was to be able to export applications from one system and import them to another, with 'Ready to Send' status to avoid changes to them during the process.
If any further information is required to confirm this problem and get it fixed then I will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks
Matt

D. Van Haken

Re: PMS resetting EP1038 fee factor/quantity on import

Post by D. Van Haken » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Dear Matt,

It is, as you state, not the correct behaviour when importing EP1038. The issue will be fixed in the next update of the software, expected to be available for end users by the end of September, early October 2012.
regards,

Dirk Van Haken
Product Manager Online Filing
EPO