PMS RESPONSE DTD

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding any integration issues with third party systems

nickoram

PMS RESPONSE DTD

Post by nickoram » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:44 am

We are currently testing the PMS gateway using the Simulator, can you explain what the values returned via the pms response xml are. We assume the severity is 1 - red, 2 - yellow and 3 -green. What is the validation_ID?

<!ELEMENT validation_message (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST validation_message
severity (1 | 2 | 3) #REQUIRED
validation_ID CDATA #REQUIRED
gui_tab CDATA #IMPLIED>

twesthues

Re: PMS RESPONSE DTD

Post by twesthues » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Great!

The validation_ID is a unique number within the same gui_tab. Personally, I don't think this is of any value to external systems - the essential parts are the severity and yes its 1-red (no-go) to 3-green (information), the gui_tab e.g. Names, Documents, etc. and most importantly the contents of <validation_message> which is exactly the same text that would be displayed in the OLF-GUI validation window.¨

I hope this helps.

Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Me again.

Well, first of all I thank you very much for this feedback, as it sparked a discussion in our development team and we will now revise the situation :idea:
:arrow: these validation_IDs are meant to be unique and fixed to their meaning in order to enable the PMS side to use these IDs to map them to their own messages, if desired, instead of using the contents of the <validation_message> as provided by the EPO system. So you can expect that these numbers will be unique when we go into production.

Would that be of use to you? Can you say how you would use these validation_IDs?

To find these things out was the reason for giving out the development kit - it proofed its purpose now :wink:

Regards, Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

nickoram

Post by nickoram » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks Thorsten

I work for the UK Patent Office and we have been testing the UK plug ins via the PMS gateway as some of the patent agents are interested in using the gateway with their systems.

The question was raised so that we can understand what the intended use of the IDs are so that we can advise the patent agents.

Regards

Nick