popped up: you have reached daily limit !!

Here you can ask questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas and share your opinions and information regarding the new Espacenet.

The moderators will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information. For the exchange of information regarding the classic Espacenet please proceed to the dedicated forum for classic Espacenet.

3do18

popped up: you have reached daily limit !!

Post by 3do18 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:36 pm

hi
unbelievable what happened 10 min ago, suddenly on the screen popped up the message:
this request has been rejected, you have reached your daily limit, our servers will be ready to serve you again in 13:03:32"

I don’t understand it, the same yesterday: another time limit … couldn’t find anything on epo pages,
Can someone explain it ?
Marek

EPO / Innovation Networks

Re: popped up: you have reached daily limit !!

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:27 am

Dear Marek,

In order to make access to Espacenet fair for all users, some technical measures are implemented. As long as the EPO’s Terms of use (Point 11. for Espacenet) are upheld, you should not encounter rejection messages. https://www.epo.org/service-support/ord ... r-use.html

As an alternative, we recommend that you use OPS to extract larger data amounts from the EPO databases: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... s/ops.html
Kind regards,

The Innovation Networks Team

Frank Huang

Post by Frank Huang » Sun May 01, 2022 5:02 am

I had the same problem, but I'm not a robot.

I just use "espacenet" for patent searches related to previous patents.

How to solve this problem?

Patent Information Marketing

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue May 03, 2022 9:34 am

Dear Frank,

We understand you concern. Downloading of a dozen of huge files or use of Espacenet at the same type by several colleagues who share the same IP address will unfortunately quickly make you reach the daily limit. However, as explained below, the daily usage limit in Espacenet is technically necessary to allow a fair access to Espacenet for all users.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye

THaenssler

Post by THaenssler » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:48 pm

Hi all,

I hope somebody still reads this thread...
I am having the same issue as reported my Marek some time ago.
I can´t work out why the system thinks I have been overdoing it.
I was doing a classification based search in Espacenet and looking at the results.
I may have looked at some 200 documents today.
Then I got the pop-up.
Yesterday it was around 500 documents before I got the pop-up.
I have looked at larger numbers of documents before now without getting kicked out.

I am the only person in my company looking at patent documents using expacenet and I am not downloading any documents, I am just looking at the figures and titlepages, and sometimes the claims.
If I follow the link referred to in the post cited below, I cannot find any indication as to how many documents I can safely look at without getting kicked out at lunchtime.
Please elucidate me as to what the limits are so I can decide whether to spend any money on commercial applications instead.

Many thanks!

Thedda

EPO / Innovation Networks wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:27 am

In order to make access to Espacenet fair for all users, some technical measures are implemented. As long as the EPO’s Terms of use (Point 11. for Espacenet) are upheld, you should not encounter rejection messages. https://www.epo.org/service-support/ord ... r-use.html

As an alternative, we recommend that you use OPS to extract larger data amounts from the EPO databases: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... s/ops.html

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:03 pm

Dear Thedda,

We would like to try to help you. Could you please send us a popup with the error message received and your IP address?

If you prefer to do this privately, you can also send your request via the EPO contact form.

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye
Users services
Patent Knowledge Directorate
Kind regards