Problem about Claims Data Retrieval from OPS

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Xeven

Problem about Claims Data Retrieval from OPS

Post by Xeven » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 am

Dear OPS Support,

I have several issues about getting claims data from OPS. I am not able to get the claims from OPS for following patents.

ops.epo..../3.1/rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/EP0885532/claims
ops.epo..../3.1/rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/DE19933621/claims
ops.epo..../3.1/rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/US8244307/claims

But claims of these patents are provided in espacenet.

Consecutively,
worldwide.espacenet....../publicationDetails/claims?CC=EP&NR=0885532A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=19981223&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

worldwide.espacenet....../publicationDetails/claims?CC=DE&NR=19933621A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=3&date=20000831&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

worldwide.espacenet....../publicationDetails/claims?CC=US&NR=8244307B1&KC=B1&FT=D&ND=3&date=20120814&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

Can you please explain me shortly why i am not able to get claims data of these patents from OPS ?

How can i get claims data of these patents (or these kind of patents)?

Thanks in advance.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Problem about Claims Data Retrieval from OPS

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Dear user,

Please refer to FAQ OPS page where the coverage of OPS is explained:

1.) for this specific EP document (WO documents will not be re-publish as EP when filed in one of the three EPO official languages - this one was filed in English), we link to claims of WO9729598 (A1) in Espacenet and same applies for OPS
2.) for DE documents we have no coverage of claims/descriptions in OPS
3.) for US documents we have no coverage of claims/description in OPS

Character-coded full text (claims /descriptions) in OPS is only available for, AT, CA, CH, ES, GB, EP, and WO and soon FR will be added.

Kind regards,
OPS support

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 am

Dear Support,

Could you kindly provide the coverage details for the full text data on OPS? Specifically, for each authority I would like to know the starting date for full text availability and whether only selected languages and/or kind codes are covered.

Regards,
Nikhil

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:33 am

Dear user,

Coverage information for character-coded full text in OPS you can see above. Usually we have complete collections for patents but as we can only load what we get from other offices we can not give more precise information at this point, sorry.

We are working on some projects (other departments in EPO, not us directly) related to coverage information of different products and databases and hopefully in the near future we will have a possibility to offer comprehensive and correct information for all services of the EPO:

Kind regards,

OPS support