Problems after change of Ipadress

Tiemroth

Problems after change of Ipadress

Post by Tiemroth » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi
We changed our ip-address on our EPO server (ver.3.20) and after this we are not able to create a new application from forms (EP1001E2k,EP1038E.. .. ..) We suspect the Firebird to course this behavior?
I would really like to have this fixed before upgrading to ver.4.00 so we´re sure the problem does not continue on the new version.

Also - do you have a version 4.00 .msi client install that is able to uninstall version 3.80 it´s so frustrating going thou this uninstall/install everytime there is a upgrade!

Thanks

Kenneth

Madu

Re: Problems after change of Ipadress

Post by Madu » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:11 pm

Dear Tiemroth,

The Online Filing software is not able to change the IP address on the Thin client settings if you do change
it at the Online filing server PC. It would have to be manually changed at those clients. A good alternative
will be to use the computer name as opposed to the IP address where there is a possiblity of a dynamic IP address. I must say that the static address is advised though in our instal documentation.

Secondly, the v.4.0 msi file like its predecesors will not unload a previous version and install a new version. The thin client installation exe file however will carry out an update when installed on top of the early version.

It is our desire to only require the update of the server module with updates, and that is the case. However, some Major updates that have let to database structure changes et.c will require an update
of the thin client for proper working. ie. when SOAP was added as a an alternative to Corba, and now where the PMS gateway has been integrated into the software as well as a centalizing of the working of the Live Update. I hope you find this information useful.

Martin

Installations

Tiemroth

Re: Problems after change of Ipadress

Post by Tiemroth » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi Martin
Thank you for your reply
Our problem was not with thin clients connecting to the EPO server after changing it´s ipadress, Out thin client uses the servers DNSname (server1-epo) but with the EPO server itself. After the change we are not able to create a new application from forms (EP1001E2k,EP1038E) The thin clients is connecting fine.

If you have access to a test server, try to change its ip adress and create a new application form, i think you will see the problem.

regarding the .msi - we deploy it from AD so its no problem removing the old one before we deploy the new version, it´s just - i think its a simple task to add the upgrade code to the "newversion".msi file that you might consider it for future versions.

Br
Kenneth Tiemroth