Problems with users being deleted

Gerontius

Problems with users being deleted

Post by Gerontius » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:26 am

Hi

We have been trialling Online filing and have 80 or so users with different access permissions. The problem is that once every day or two, a random user profile is deleted and requires recreation. Before you ask, this is definitely not human error since only two people (including me) have administrator access and the other one is currently in Australia.

What might be causing this and can it be fixed? This is getting to be a pretty serious problem. We are using 4.0.229e in a server and thin client set up.

While I'm here, there's a bug/feature that's a little annoying although no critical and I wonder if it can be resolved: there is no "signed" status. There's a "ready to sign" and a "ready to send", but it would be immensely useful to have a status in between.

Kelly Hill

Re: Problems with users being deleted

Post by Kelly Hill » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 am

Hi

We have the same problem in our company. Up till this point I thought it may have been user error (our users are using the software) because I could not be 100% certain that they had entered their passwords correctly.

Although I don't have any advice to offer about resolving this, please feel reassured that you are not the only one who is having this problem.

Kind regards

Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill

kfed1021

Post by kfed1021 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm

We too have the same problem in our company and it's causing us a lot of trouble. Our users assure us that they are entering their information correctly so this must be a problem with the software. I hope someone could help us about this. Thank you.

Kelly Hill

Post by Kelly Hill » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 am

Kelly Hill wrote:We have the same problem in our company. Up till this point I thought it may have been user error (our users are using the software) because I could not be 100% certain that they had entered their passwords correctly.
Kelly Hill
Sorry should have made it clear we have been advised that potentially it could be caused by a user entering the wrong password three times.

As you are trialling it, are your users aware of this? If you want to contact somebody I am speaking to Richard Garvey about it and he said you can call him on Thursday. Private message me if you would like his number.

Kelly
Kelly Hill

Gerontius

Post by Gerontius » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 am

Kelly Hill wrote:Sorry should have made it clear we have been advised that potentially it could be caused by a user entering the wrong password three times.
I've just run a test and, yes, a user is deleted if they get their password wrong three times.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that sounds like a completely stupid "feature", particularly as there is no warning or explanation of what has happened. Get it sorted epoline!

Omega

Post by Omega » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:24 pm

It is real fun, when the admin-password is mistyped three times (and you have only one admin).
Only rescue then is to directly edit the database.

Gerontius

Post by Gerontius » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Omega wrote:It is real fun, when the admin-password is mistyped three times (and you have only one admin).
Only rescue then is to directly edit the database.
Yes, that was my concern when we started noticing the problem. It's useful to know why it's happening, so at least there's less fear that it will just "happen" - unless there is ALSO a software problem.

I think the solution we might try is to have a number of carefully selected users who have limited user management privileges, without fill admin rights. That way, accounts can be easily recreated if deleted, even an admin account.

Thanks to Kelly, too!

G

haeusec1

Post by haeusec1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Dear all
We have also the same problem in our company and this generates us a lot of trouble.
Our users are entering their information correctly so this must be a problem with the software.

We hope someone could help us about this. Thank you in advance.

Christian Häusermann

F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 am

This issue is addressed with v5 - where all invisible/blocked user accounts are made visible again and inside the user administration, a new check box is provided which is ticked whenever a user mis-types the password 3 times - the administrator (or anyone having access to the user administration) can then release the blockage by removing the tick.

N.B. when upgrading v4 to v5, going through the user administration should be the first step as there may be a few duplicated user accounts which need removing.

Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!