Question about Patent Batch search

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

dorisyywang

Question about Patent Batch search

Post by dorisyywang » Mon May 29, 2023 1:10 am

Hi officer,

After using this platform, I found it very useful but still don’t know how to do batch search in EPO, like I got an excel list of patent publication numbers/patent names, and I really want to know if it is possible for your product to input my table and search all companies who cites these patents, and output some results? If it is possible, it will be so nice of you to give me some suggestions.

Best Regards,
Doris

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Question about Patent Batch search

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed May 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Hi,

You have to have a script done for your list, but for having a look at patents citing other patents, you can do a query like this one:

../rest-services/published-data/search/?q=ct=WO2005021820

Again, you cannot insert your table per se and get bulk output; you have to have a script to query number by number using this query. This is the only way the API works for citing references.

Better solution would probably be if you use PATSTAT Online or Global instead: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... tstat.html

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

dorisyywang

Post by dorisyywang » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi officer,

may I know where can I use script and how can I do it?

If I want to do the citing for a batch of patents, do I need to do like this:

../rest-services/published-data/search/?q=ct=WO2005021820
../rest-services/published-data/search/?q=ct=DE102021131133A
../rest-services/published-data/search/?q=ct=JP 2020148530A

Thanks for your kind help.
Doris

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:47 am

Hi

You use it in your tool, you have to build it, its a webservice.
Regards,
Vesna for OPS support