Range limit for search queries

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

AstriumServices

Range limit for search queries

Post by AstriumServices » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi all,

For an internal tool I use to do some search queries and retrieve the results. I made a routine to parse every pages of results (100 results max per page). The problem is when a search query gives me a large amount of answers, I'm unable to retrieve the results after 2000.

For example the query:
pa=GOOGLE

It has 11059 results. If I change the Range until 1901-2000 it goes fine but every request with Range>2000 (2001-2100...) it fails: 400 Bad Request - CLIENT.InvalidQuery - The request was invalid

How can I do to retrieve the other results?

Kind regards,
Mickael Francisco

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Range limit for search queries

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 am

Dear user,

There is nothing you can do because that is a feature of the system. OPS will not allow you to obtain more than 2000 results per query. The only solution is to refine your search query so that you get shorter hit list.

As mentioned in many documents about OPS, this web-service is not meant for buck downloading of larger sets of data, for that purpose you need to buy a raw data product or any other commercial product.

Kind regards,

OPS support