Regarding inventive step (2) and possible revisions

Here you can find announcements regarding the EPO's patent information products and services, events and activities.

Please also feel free to ask questions and share information on general patent information matters.

blue & green

Regarding inventive step (2) and possible revisions

Post by blue & green » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:37 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask : whether utility models also require the relevant inventor/applicant to provide the description of problem and the solution that the described product suggested to it?

(important notice: I remember or suppose from our previous communications that EPO does not support utility models. if so, could you forward this thread to asian patent offices forums or any else relevant forum or otherwise you can remove it. Thanks for your understanding)

Regarding Probable/Possible Revision(s):
Which types of revision(s) could be made post assessment of inventive step (i.e. examination report)?
can we decrease (make cancellations for some) claims (' number) ?)

and how will this affect the forthcoming process? (e.g. will the examiner reexamine the product (also assume that we newly provided the technical problem and solution to it)

and how the payment status will be affected: for instance will the inventor be asked to make a payment for reexamination?

Kind Regards
blue

EPO / Innovation Networks

Re: Regarding inventive step (2) and possible revisions

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am

Please note that the EPO is only responsible for the grant of European patents under the European Patent Convention.
There is no centralised European system for utility models. Since your enquiry relates to utility model applications only, please contact the national offices offering such protection directly.

Where can I find information on utility models, copyright, trade marks and designs?
:arrow: https://www.epo.org/service-support/faq/basics.html

Kind regards,
EPO User Support