Remote signing using OSX

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding any integration issues with third party systems

KeltieLLP

Remote signing using OSX

Post by KeltieLLP » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi,

I'm writing to see if anyone has experience of signing remotely using any Apple machines, in particular recent versions of OSX Apple Macs with Gemplus card readers locally attached.

Our organisation is soon to test this and before we do it'd be great to get feedback from anyone who has already tried this and knows how possible it is.

We'll be testing 'Jump' software now itap has been purchased and successfully broken by Microsoft. (Since being MS property it doesn't allow changes to the default port number for security purposes) The link to the jump software is not postable here as the forum either believes it's spam or this isn't allowed. Either way google 'jump remote desktop' if you're interested. (We're not working for, or connected to them in any way btw.)

Does anyone use any other remote connection software on their Macs which allows terminal services gateway access?

We're running our EPOLine server on a virtual machine with a standard Win 7 pro operating system and for all MS remote users this works well, but tips on what to expect for OXS people performing the equivalent would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

alexthurgood

Re: Remote signing using OSX

Post by alexthurgood » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 am

Hi,

If you can see the smartcard from within OSX, and if Jump can read locally connected USB card readers, then you might be able to import the certificates into your remote session and use them from there. Last time I tried to get OSX to read my card, neither compiling and installing OpenSC nor trying the default OSX support was successul, but that was several OSX iterations ago. The problem seems to be the Gemplus cryptography dlls required for reading the data on the card, are these provided as dylibs somewhere by either Gemplus or OSX ?

harbach

Re: Remote signing using OSX

Post by harbach » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:32 pm

I tried a number of remote desktop applications but none of them worked. The problem indeed seems to be (see previous post) that OS X is not able to properly read the smartcard because the libraries required are not provided for OS X. That means that any remote desktop app that can forward smartcards does not work because for OS X, the smartcard simply does not exist.

If anyone is able to successfully get this to work under OS X, please let me know!