Removal of Forms

harry.frischknecht

Removal of Forms

Post by harry.frischknecht » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:14 pm

When starting the epoline software I have the opportunity to choose several forms (e.g. EP(1001) or EP (10012k) or Euro-PCT etc.).

Does anyone know how to "switch off" some of the forms? (e.g. The ones of EPC 1973 or the ones of foreign countries.)

Thanks for a prompt reply.

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:32 am

Hi,

apart from the fact that v4 will disable and hence remove the 'old' form templates from the Online filing form and template viewer while still allowing to view 'already sent' forms, there is a small trick that you can already apply now in order to make the old forms dissappear completely:

In the file fmi.ini simply remove the following lines in the top:
EP1001=C:\Program Files\epoline3\ep1001e\ep1001e.ini
EP1200=C:\Program Files\epoline3\ep1200e\ep1200e.ini

And those forms won't appear any longer - N.B. not even the 'already-sent' forms will be visible in the FM anymore - if for whatever reason you need to retrieve those (because not having exported them previously) - simply reintroduce the lines in fmi.ini and all is visibile again i.e. the change does not affect your actual data.

As for the foreign country procedures - there are two options - either simply remove the respective entries under [eOLF Applications] in fmi.ini or properly remove them also on the database level by re-installing the whole package and during the installation procedure choose the 'custom' option to de-select the procedures that are not wanted or have been installed by mistake. Please note that all subsequent updates need to be installed again afterwards.

I hope this helps,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

telemarker

Re: Removal of Forms

Post by telemarker » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi,

we've just installed OLF Version 3.20. It works fine. However, while installing I forgot to install some country packages/forms.

Can I add forms by just adding entries in the fmi.ini ? If yes, what would be the entry for DE forms?

Thanks for any info,

telemarker

twesthues

Re: Removal of Forms

Post by twesthues » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi telemarker,

firstly, why did you install 3.20? - There's version 4.0 which is supported contrary to version 3.20.

Adding lines in the *.ini does not make those plug-ins available - they have to be installed by running the global installation package again and adding the desired procedures. Caution: all patches are required to be installed again (hence, v4 would be the easier option anyway).

I hope this helps,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!