Removing Fees from EP(1001E2K) Template

Dechant

Removing Fees from EP(1001E2K) Template

Post by Dechant » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm

We have a template for EP Filing and want to remove the fee payments for:
  • Filing Fee Online
    Fee for search
    Claims fee for 11th and each subsequent claim
However after unchecking these 3 boxes to leave 0 total fees, and saving the template, the fees reappear as checked each time a new form is opened using the template or the template is gone into to edit.

Is this a default epoline has that cannot be overridden or is there a way round the problem?

Cheers

Simon

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Simon,

incidentally, I worked on the analysis of this issue yesterday and came to the conclusion that this issue can only be solved with v4 when a new runtime variable is created which switches the form behaviour dependent on whether its a new form or an imported one or one starting from a template. It has only now been discovered that due to some change in the business logic script, where the fee settings are all reset to 0 when automatic debitting is selected and otherwise the default fee selection takes place - unfortunately, this conditional statement influences also every template, import or form which is moved back from draft (here the examination fee 006 is reset in error).

On the other hand, I do not understand why these fees shall be deselected, which payment mode is being used in these templates?
'not specified' - well then the fees shown in the GUI do not mean anything as they are not send or printed on the PDF.
If the payment mode is automatic debitting - all fees selection is reset, if payment mode is bank transfer or debit from deposit account than at least one fee must be selected as a mandatory requirement.

So, is this really a problem?

Regards, Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Dechant

Post by Dechant » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Thanks for the response Thorsten.

Another slight problem we have (completely different topic but may as well keep it in here) is with the Euro PCT(1200E2K) regional phase forms. Box 11 (All states with extension agreements) keeps unchecking itself when a form is saved. Again quite annoying but I assume there is a similar reason for this?

Cheers

Simon

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:24 pm

This is news for me and I will look into it... don't hold your breath - I'll respond tomorrow.

Rgrds, Thorsten

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Simon,

had closer look at it, and it appears to behave oddly whenever the international filing date is entered - if you set the box after having entered the date - at least for me, the setting stays even after closing and opening the form - however, any change in the data field will throw it all out again....

Thanks for reporting - it's registered in our issue tracker now and hopefully fixed for v4.

Regards,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

squall

Re:

Post by squall » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:51 am

twesthues wrote:Hi Simon,

had closer look at it, and it appears to behave oddly whenever the international filing date is entered - if you set the box after having entered the date - at least for me, the setting stays even after closing and opening the form - however, any change in the data field will throw it all out again....

Thanks for reporting - it's registered in our issue tracker now and hopefully fixed for v4.

Regards,
Thorsten
How do you know it behavs oddly??