Request not leading to SERVER.LimitedServerResources anymore

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Chris Every

Request not leading to SERVER.LimitedServerResources anymore

Post by Chris Every » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi there,

similar to my previous question, we have another test that fails, now.

We do request bibliographic and legal data of a large family by
http://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/family/publication/docdb/US.2003082717/legal,biblio

We were used to get an error as follows
code 503
message SERVER.LimitedServerResources

Now this leads to a different error, which has a different meaning
code 500
message SERVER.DomainAccess

Reading the new error I would not expect that I have made a request that is too big.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Request not leading to SERVER.LimitedServerResources any

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Dear user,

Again, there is a truncated family situation and the request of legal and biblio on top is just to much for the system. If you only choose one or the other you will get system to respond properly:http://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/fa ... 2717/legal

About error codes: we will ask technicians if there was a change in the new system. I will get back to you on that

Kind regards,

OPS support

Chris Every

Re: Request not leading to SERVER.LimitedServerResources any

Post by Chris Every » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

We are using this request to provoke an error, to see if we handle errors correct. So you are right, we are in a truncated family situation, on purpose :)

Thank you for checking with technicians.