RESTful way to retrieve Global dossier documents

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

mtani

RESTful way to retrieve Global dossier documents

Post by mtani » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:27 am

Hi, All

I am trying to retrieve search report of particular patent using OPS
API.

According to the explanation given in OPS API manual, it seems that I
can retrieve a search report using image inquiry/retrieval API
(i.e. inquiry API to find start page and retrieval API to actually get
the one). But as far as I tried, inquiry API response did not contain
any information about search report (although I can manually find
search report in "Global dossier" section from EPO search webpage).

Perhaps my approach might be wrong but is there any way I can retrieve
search report (and other documents in "Global dossier" section) in
RESTful way?

Best regards

M.Tani

EPO / OPS Support

Re: RESTful way to retrieve Global dossier documents

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:45 am

Hi

There is no way for you to retrieve search reports from Global Dossier via any API from the EPO. Global Dossier is nothing more than a web service that we use to connect our interface with various web services from registers of respective patent offices. This is not data that we store anywhere so we can not offer it in an API form to you. The added value is that anytime you view Global Dossier you will get the last updated information available in that specific register because we link it on a fly only.

You can see EP search reports only (A1, A3 and some A4) via OPS Published Services with image constituent, but that is all we can offer

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support