retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

sarahjohns388

retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection

Post by sarahjohns388 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:18 am

Hi,

I want to be able to retrieve the result set of a complex sql query from a mysql database. The query joins many tables and includes custom where clauses to limit the resultset.

I used multiple tMysqlinput components as input into a tMap and this then outputs to a single tMysqlOutput. The tMap does the mappings and joins (not able to add additional where clauses).

However when I run this job, I notice that for each input component, ALL of the data is retrieved from the database before pipe-lining to the tMap.

I actually only want to get back the resultset of the query, is this possibly? I have been using the talend reference from my instructor
This is using TMDMCE-Studio-All-r50363-V4.1.1
Thanks in advance

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:58 pm

I have no experience with TALEND myself.
And I am not sure that here you will get a prompt response here - but I hope somebody could prove me wrong. This forum is about PATSTAT data and not so much about ETL tools like TALEND.

I think you might get a faster answer to your question at a specialized forum like .https://www.talendforge.org/forum/

Martin
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org

Fr3dY

Re: retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection

Post by Fr3dY » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Sarah,

I don't have any experience with Talend myself, but this link might help you:
https://help.talend.com/reader/Dx4Xf8yk ... zg9k_R4d6w

Regards,