Retrieving Family data using family Id

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

cszamudio

Retrieving Family data using family Id

Post by cszamudio » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:29 pm

Hello,
Is there a REST mechanism for retrieving data on a Family given a family Id. The Exchange document returned by a Search does contain a Family Id, which would be a direct way to access the family members, but I can't seem to figure out how to retrieve the family identified by the Id.
Thank you,
Carlos S Zamudio

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Retrieving Family data using family Id

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:22 am

Hi

Do you mean something like this?
.../3.2/rest-services/published-data/search/?q=famn=057255440
This is only possible via OPS Published service search and in no other OPS service. This is simple family ID, also found in New Espacenet (in URL of every record) and in DOCDB in XML or PATSTAT. We don't have ID for Inpadoc family though.

In CQL list in OPS manual you have all field identifiers you can use in that service, including the one for Family ID - FAMN.

Regards,

Vesna for OPS support

cszamudio

Post by cszamudio » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:09 pm

Ah..I hadn't considered a search query. Thank you. I'll give it a shot. Would this be the same are retrieving the patent "equivalents" via the REST API?

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:54 pm

HI

Yes, it's the same

Regards

Vesna for OPS support