Returning only Abstract from Published Data Retrieval Service

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

jrow

Returning only Abstract from Published Data Retrieval Service

Post by jrow » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Is there a way to request only certain fields to be returned in the Published Data Retrieval service? I'm only interested in getting the abstract, but the response comes with citations, classifications, etc. This would help greatly in reducing the response size and keeping me under the throttling limits, but I'm not sure if it's possible or how to do it. Any help appreciated!

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Returning only Abstract from Published Data Retrieval Service

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:10 am

Hi,

For only abstract, yes, we have such option - use only abstract constituent as in the image attached here
example.PNG

Depending on the jurisdiction, abstract can be either on laid open (in most cases) or on both publication steps, or even at times on granted publications only, this is why I am showing you example with kind code and without:

.../published-data/publication/epodoc/ep1000000.a1/abstract

.../published-data/publication/epodoc/ep1000000/abstract

In documentation you have explanation which services use which constituents so you can look for others there as well

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support