Robot detect

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

lucas emmanuel

Robot detect

Post by lucas emmanuel » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:05 pm

Hi, I'm trying to make requests to get patent abstract and title from the API, but if I make a lot of requests asynchronously, I get error 403 robot detect, what can I do to avoid this and continue using the script continuously? Why does it happen

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Robot detect

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:17 am

Hi,

403 happens usually in two cases: if you do not appropriately authenticate, which can also include your token being expired, or if you don't obey OPS throttling as stated in the URL response to every request you make. If it is trolling, then the rejection reason is also given in the URL header of such a response.

About throttling in OPS, read the manual on the website: https://www.epo.org/en/searching-for-pa ... rvices/ops

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

wantjoyful

Post by wantjoyful » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 am

I'm also having this problem for the samebasket random reason as case 1 you mentioned. How do I get my confirmation code back?

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:58 am

I don't understand what you mean with confirmation code.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support