RSS Feed?

dschmauss

RSS Feed?

Post by dschmauss » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 am

Isn't there a possibility anymore in new espacenet to subscribe a search profile to an RSS Feed? It was very simple with the "old" espacenet as there was offered a RSS-Icon directly next to the "result list".

Patent Information Marketing

Re: RSS Feed?

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:38 am

Thank you for your valuable question. It is currently not possible but we will investigate if and how we can implement this feature in the future, taking into account all user feedbacks, feasibility and resources required.
Kind regards

voiceofreason

Post by voiceofreason » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:59 am

You can in the meantime use
My Espacenet > My queries
to remind yourself of the number of results last time you executed a specific search.

Patent Newbie

RSS Feed?

Post by Patent Newbie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:02 am

Hi voiceofreason,

Being reminded of a number in previous results cannot be compared to automatic notifications or RSS Feeds nor can it replace such Features :( .

Does this mean that rss feeds are not foreseen in the new espacenet?

Thank you.
Nelly

voiceofreason

Post by voiceofreason » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Dear Nelly
I’ll let Patent Information Marketing answer that :)
Best

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Dear Nelly,
it is true that these searches cannot replace RSS feeds. We are currently not sure when we can offer the same functionality. At this stage we can only try to help you with a workaround:

You may use the searching or filtering function on the publication date to compare what has been published in the meantime e.g. in the last year: cl="Y02A20/00/low" AND pd > "20181018" or cl = "Y02A20/00/low" (the filter is codified in the hyperlink). Using the filter function is convenient if you monitor regularly with a set of different queries, since by simply changing keywords you will maintain the date filtering with the same cut-off date.

Please note: Using the suggested approach (both filtering and searching) you will miss any publication that was published (e.g. by a national authority) before your cut-off date but added to Espacenet only afterwards. For comprehensive analysis of queries with less than 500 results, you may download the result lists regularly and compare them via Excel functions. We will investigate if and how we can improve this.
Kind regards

vidonne

Post by vidonne » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:59 pm

RSS Feed are very IMPORTANT to monitor new patents from competitor or in a specific classification + keywords. It's ESSENTIAL for patent searchers,

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Dear user,
Thank you very much for this valuable feedback: We will see how we can get this functionality back into the interface. Meanwhile you may still use the functionality in classic Espacenet.
Kind regards

Stats

Post by Stats » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 am

I echo the concerns of other users on this forum. The Espacenet tutorials encouraged me to investigate the RSS feed capability and the feeds we have now set up for engineers and refined to improve effectiveness are proving essential for keeping watch on patent activity. It was a shock to learn that this facility is not available in the new Espacenet interface and I hope the classic Espacenet will continue to be available while you consider the priorities for new Espacenet.

Are RSS feeds still going to be supported via the developer account?

Peter

drb_sml

Post by drb_sml » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:54 pm

I also want to put emphasis to find a simple solution for patent survey.
The DPMA has a courier system, which works fine.
EPO offered RSS support, which requires some deeper IT experience to use it.
Once done we found, that Firefox and Chrome have stopped their RSS support due to the small number of applicants. Choosing the right tool from various plugin suppliers is again a bigger effort.
If now the future use of RSS is in question, then a very important tool which is used regularly in our company is lost.
Please make sure to support tools continuously. Shut down the old Espacenet only, when future oriented tools are available. We need an automatic alarm system for new results of queries.
Kind regards
Berthold