Search after Priority date

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

bradea

Search after Priority date

Post by bradea » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:17 am

Hello

Is it supported to make a search using the Search API to find patents after an input Priority Date?

And how can we combine such a search criteria with other filters, e.g. Title, Applicant?

Can you give me please an URL example?

thanks!

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Search after Priority date

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi,

OPS is web service that gives same data as Espacenet. You can search with priority number and you will get entire biblio as a result.

I suggest you have a closer look to OPS documentation to see how you do your URL queries either in CQL search or in normal number search: http://www.epo.org/searching-for-patent ... html#tab13

regards,
OPS support

bradea

Post by bradea » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:21 pm

with OPS web service how can I make this kind of search: Applicant=IBM and Priority Date between (StartDate, EndDate).

I cannot find this in the API guide:
http://documents.epo.org/projects/babyl ... .14_en.pdf

thanks for sharing a concrete example for above search request.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:59 pm

Sorry, this is my mistake, I didn't read carefully enough and I though that you want to know about priority number, not date... priority date is not searchable in OPS. CQL search in OPS only allows search for publication date (as described in OPS documentation). You can only search priority date in Espacenet, by using Advanced search screen.

Regards,
OPS support

Waqj87

Post by Waqj87 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:18 am

priority date is not searchable in ops.
www.abcnewspoint.com/ Click abcnewspoint.com to see the latest updates of your required category.

www.audiopiff.com/ audiopiff.com is the largest and most valuable source of free music in the world.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:30 am

Yes, that what we wrote in our previous forum response.

OPS support