Search for German patent applications

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Melchior-Blank

Search for German patent applications

Post by Melchior-Blank » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:32 am

Hello and sorry if the question has been already asked: I couldn't find the answer.

I am very new to how APIs work and for my internship project I need to extract patent abstracts in German language, from German patent applications.
Unfortunately, I have no idea which API should I use and how to formulate a query. I have already got an account in the OPS.

Could please someone help me or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Irina

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Search for German patent applications

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:11 am

Dear Irina,

try to start
https://developers.epo.org/ops-v3-2/api ... t%7DChoose {abstract}ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/search/{abstract}

Use a query that does not return too many answers, you can use PD=yyyy or PD=yyyymm or PD=yyyymmddFor example: q: PN=DE PD=2022 which translates into
ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/search/abstract?q=PN%3DDE%20PD%3D2022
and grab the ones with <abstract lang="de">

If you have further questions, please contact patentdata@epo.org,

regards
Sofie

Melchior-Blank

Re: Search for German patent applications

Post by Melchior-Blank » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:26 am

Dear Sofie,

thank you very much for your respond and have a great Friday!

Kind regards,
Irina