Search for published documents considering all text fieds

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

bssantana

Search for published documents considering all text fieds

Post by bssantana » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:18 pm

I would like to know if it is possible through the API to search in all textual fields. From what I've been observing, searches for published documents use the CQL standard, where it is possible to use the txt parameter for searches in the fields title, abstract, inventor and applicant; however I would also like to search for published documents considering the description field. Is it possible to perform a search for published documents through the API where all textual fields are considered?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Search for published documents considering all text fieds

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Hi,

No, we only offer CQL search option in OPS Register and OPS Published data in bibliographic information (in OPS Published data those are fields you mention in your post). But there is no search option for character codes full text in XML aka claims and descriptions. We are also not planing to offer any in this OPS version

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

Joanne55

Re: Search for published documents considering all text fieds

Post by Joanne55 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:30 am

Thanks for the information, I found a lot of interesting information here. Keep sharing such informative post.