Search patents by keywords

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

ArnauC

Search patents by keywords

Post by ArnauC » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Dear OPS team,
Is there any way to get a list of patents searching by keywords?
I mean, something like: patents whose abstract contains the string 'xxxxxx'. Or whose title, or claims.

Thank you,

Arnau

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Search patents by keywords

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi,

OPS has search option as well, same as in Espacenet or in Register.
In API console on our website you have choices to test search with keywords with and without constituent in OPS Published services or in OPS Register service.

You will find field identifies for OPS Published in OPS documentation under CQL search and field identifies for searching OPS Register are here, under Smart search identifiers: https://register.epo.org/help?topic=index&lng=en

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

ArnauC

Post by ArnauC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:17 am

Hi Vesna, and thanks for your response.
I see I can search for keywords in titles and abstracts, but it seems to me however that is not posible to search for keywords in the claims? Or am I missing something?
Thank you

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:16 am

Hi,

No, just like Classic Espacenet, also OPS cannot search in full text. CQL search is only on a level of biblio

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support