Search the full text of all EP A and B documents

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding the following services:
European Publication Server (EPO's official publication platform), EP Bulletin search and EP full-text search (Searching procedural data and the full text of EP A and B documents via the "Patent information services for experts" user interface).

Patrick Le Gonidec

Search the full text of all EP A and B documents

Post by Patrick Le Gonidec » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Starting at EP 0000001 A1, the full text of all European patent applications (A publications) and specifications (B publications) is now searchable at https://data.epo.org/expert-services.

Additionally, the new user interface allows you to analyse easily the top 50 IPC symbols which could then be used as input for further elaborating your search strategy. You can also analyse applicants, cited applicants (applicants of cited patents) and inventors.

An updated EPAB user manual is under preparation and will be soon available.

ivo_debaere

Re: Search the full text of ??all?? EP A documents

Post by ivo_debaere » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:50 am

I could not found a certain published application with a keyword search in the claims. The reason was that this application was the EP regional phase of a Euro-PCT application. This application was not searchable in the text fields.
The application could be retrieved via the publication number. Also then it was not possible to access the text fields.

I assume this is also applicable to many other EP entries. If so many relevant documents may be overlook by performed searches on claims of pending EP applications.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Search the full text of all EP A and B documents

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:10 pm

I would suggest an article on national entries in our databases avaialble in EPO's Patent Information News 1/2014: http://www.epo.org/service-support/publ ... .html#tab2

I think this article will give you good background information about why in cretain cases you will not find all national entry documents when searching databases at the EPO.

I hope this helps,

OPS and Patent data support

ivo_debaere

Post by ivo_debaere » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am

Dear,

After my original post in september 2016, it appears that still only the bibliographic data of EP entries of PCT applications are provided. This remains a major drawback in an FTO search for pending EP applications.
Relevant IP will only show up after grant when the B1 publication is released.

Thank you for your attention

Patrick Le Gonidec

Post by Patrick Le Gonidec » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Dear ivo_debaere,

Thank you for your interest in this product.

We fully understand your requirement and we will look into it.

Best regards,

Patrick Le Gonidec

lov86calv

Post by lov86calv » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 am

We can be faster to search the full text documents If we all just realize the importance of blue stacks guides.