Searching my country

eveoc

Searching my country

Post by eveoc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Is it possible to search for all of the patents registered in a certain country with a very broad sector search keyword?

Patent Information Marketing

Re: Searching my country

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Dear user,
Espacenet comprises data from 1782 onwards. In case you want to search for all publications of the patent office of a specific country you may simply put the condition that the publication date should be after that date. e.g. pd>1780 AND pn=US to retrieve all patent families for which protection was requested in the US.

Please use the hierarchical classification schemes (IPC or CPC) in case you want to search for broad or more specific technological areas e.g. cl=D for textiles and paper. You may want to search the CPC by using the classification browser in Espacenet (simply select the respective tab) to find all the relevant classification codes.

WIPO published in addition to the IPC a technology classification that you might also find helpful in case it comprises the technology you are interested in.

You can also use the filter module in case you want to search for inventions being filed from your country, either by residence of the applicant or the inventor. Simply launch your query and select the filter tab to analyse the data. The following query will e.g. identify all worldwide inventions in Espacenet in the textiles and paper section which have at least one US applicant: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/ ... s&q=cl%3DD
Please be aware that Espacenet does not comprise the applicant and inventor country for all publications.

Hopefully you find this helpful.
Kind regards

Patent Information Marketing