SERVER.EntityNotFound error when trying to get information on many patent numbers

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

kamon

SERVER.EntityNotFound error when trying to get information on many patent numbers

Post by kamon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi again,

So using the GET for published-data description service (and also the claims one) in the developers area API console, for example http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... escription, what can be the reason we are getting this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<fault xmlns="http://ops.epo.org">
<code>SERVER.EntityNotFound</code>
<message>No results found</message>
</fault>

It is the case for EP1678203, EP2134628, EP2356723, and EP2345267...
Maybe that's why we get 404 errors when doing the equivalent via the Open Source Python client library for the API.

In contrast, both via the API console and the Python library, we get the expected text result for EP1672821.

Thanks for any pointers.
Kamon

EPO / OPS Support

Re: SERVER.EntityNotFound error when trying to get information on many patent numbers

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

You can so search multiple numbers using Description constituent.

Multiple number search works only for biblio retrieval (see page 50 in OPS documentation for details). You can do it for multiple publication/application numbers using GET or POST. But this is really the only bulk option that we have in OPS, please don't forget that by definition our OPS is not a bulk downloading tool.

Regards,
OPS support

kamon

Re: SERVER.EntityNotFound error when trying to get information on many patent numbers

Post by kamon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi,

There was a misunderstanding. I did not mean I am doing bulk retrieval. But I understand the care I need to take.
Simply asking for EP1678203 keeps giving this error.

What could be the reason for that type of errors specifically? With version 3.1 of the API, the equivalent request worked.

I am going to check the biblio retrieval in case I missed something.

Thanks!
Kamon

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:12 am

Hi,

I am sorry, I misunderstood.

The EP's listed are all Euro-PCT's, that were obviously at some point published by WIPO as WO's in one of the three official EPO languages. Due to the fact that publications existed in allowed languages we will not re-publish such documents as EP’s. That also means that if you want to read their description or claims you need to call respective WO number instead.

My equivalents constituent search works without any problems and as you see it shows me a WO family member:

..... published-data/publication/epodoc/EP1678203/equivalents

inquiry result: publication reference: epodoc: doc-number: EP1678203
inquiry result: publication reference: epodoc: doc-number: WO2005028505
inquiry result: publication reference: epodoc: doc-number: US20062460

And then I have search for description with the WO number (but now you need a kind code too):
.... published-data/publication/docdb/WO2005028505.A2/description

If you compare your results with Espacenet you will see the same - description or claims of EP are actually those of the WO : https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publica ... cale=en_EP#

There is no difference in your cases between behaviour in 3.1 and 3.2, I have checked both

OPS support