SERVER.EntityNotFound when trying claims/description

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s raw data subscription products such as 14.7 DOCDB - worldwide bibliographic master database, 14.11 Worldwide legal status (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text in XML, 14.1 EBD and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.
Post Reply

afedosenko
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

SERVER.EntityNotFound when trying claims/description

Post by afedosenko » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi,
I get the following error when I try to get claims/description for WO-number
http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... 160/claims
http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... .A1/claims
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<fault
xmlns="http://ops.epo.org">
<code>SERVER.EntityNotFound</code>
<message>No results found</message>
</fault>

But bilio API returns data fine
http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... 160/biblio

I've noticed that this is relevent to patents in which publication date is close to the current date.


EPO / OPS Support
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Re: SERVER.EntityNotFound when trying claims/description

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi,

At this point we link US document citations and description to this record, as you can see in Espacenet: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publica ... cale=en_EP#

As you can see in Espacenet full text statistics: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... tions.html, WO full text of 19 April was not loaded yet, as soon as it gets loaded, descriptions and claims of WO A1 should replace current US character-coded text.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support


afedosenko
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: SERVER.EntityNotFound when trying claims/description

Post by afedosenko » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:01 pm

What about WO2016141888 number? It is also without claims.
http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... 888/claims


EPO / OPS Support
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Re: SERVER.EntityNotFound when trying claims/description

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:57 am

Hi,

http:.../rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/WO2016141888/biblio is CN PCT.

It is published in Chinese as you can see in Patenscope: https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/ ... PCT+Biblio
and since we would always link EN, DE or FR claims and description, if possible (official languages of the EPO) we took an EP family members claims and description for this specific case, as you see in Espacenet:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publica ... cale=en_EP#


http:.../rest-services/published-data/publication/docdb/EP.3269639.a1/claims
http:.../rest-services/published-data/publication/docdb/EP.3269639.a1/description


When you have cases like this, have a look at eqvivalent fillings and pick a family member we chosen or if there is a family member of language that you speak, chose that one instead:
http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... quivalents

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support


Post Reply