Sunset of Internet Explorer 11 / Acrobat-Add-on for OLF-Client

montene

Sunset of Internet Explorer 11 / Acrobat-Add-on for OLF-Client

Post by montene » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Dear all,
I hope you are fine and healthy! I wonder whether I am posting this question here rightly.

We are using OLF 5.12 for online-filing, using Acrobat Reader for browsing as according to installation requirements.
We would like to know whether the decommissioning of the Internet Explorer 11 will affect the use of the Acrobat Reader in OLF-client.
As far as I understand, the IE11 was "kinf of " managing the Add-On of the Acrobat-Reader for the use of it in OLF-filing-client.
When the IE11 will be decommissioned soon, what impact will this on the use of the OLF-client?
Will there be an update of the OLF-Software to cope with the decommissioning of IE11?

Background:
According to the Microsoft end-of-support roadmap Microsoft says farewell to Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) and 10 sunsets Microsoft Edge Legacy. In our Company the IE11 will be decommissioned starting by 2021-08-17.
Our corporate IT-Dept. announces that IE11 has to be removed from all PC (not only pur company PCs).

Microsoft claims that with the new Microsoft Edge there is a "Internet Explorer"-mode. However, I do not understand technically whether this mode will circumvent the problems with the PDF-Browser-functionality in OLF 5.12, when IE11 is no longer installed in the PCs.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/1591666
Last edited by montene on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards
Humberto Montenegro

montene

Re: Sunset of Internet Explorer 11 / Acrobat-Add-on for OLF-Client

Post by montene » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:21 pm

Dear all,
In Addition to my topic above, I found the following link at Microsoft explanining the "About IE mode".
It says that the IE mode would support the Internet Explorer functionality of "ActiveX controls".
However, it is beyond my technical knowledge to ascertain whether this will be enough to support the Acrobat-settings in the OLF-Client:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deploy ... ge-ie-mode
Kind Regards
Humberto Montenegro

Martinadu

Re: Sunset of Internet Explorer 11 / Acrobat-Add-on for OLF-Client

Post by Martinadu » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:44 am

It is all we use in the Online Filing software.

Regards

Support