Supplementary Technical Information

gusarapez

Supplementary Technical Information

Post by gusarapez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 am

Dear Hekpdesk,

We are preparaing a reply to an examination report issued by the Examining Division. Together with the reply letter and the amended set of claims, we would like to file a document containing supplementary technical information. This document contains experimental data which we want to send the examiner to show some particular effect of the invention.

We have prepared the reply letter and the amended set of claims using the corresponding document names, but we cannot find any document name describing this additional experimental data.

Could you please give us a hint as to which document name or document type we should use to file this type of document?

We also would like to file some published scientific articles. Which type of document must we choose for this type of documents?

Thanks a lot in advance

Kelly Hill

Re: Supplementary Technical Information

Post by Kelly Hill » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi

We have similar queries in our office.

I spoke to Mr Novoa at the EPO who advised me the only option they could recommend was to attach the documents as a Reply to Examination.

This would be in addition to the letter which is also a Reply to Examination. I have checked and it is possible to attach more than one document of this type on a 1038.

Hope this helps

Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill

Pilvi Koski

Re: Supplementary Technical Information

Post by Pilvi Koski » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 am

Hi,

You can either attach the documents as a Reply to Examination or alternatively, choose the option "Other" and document type "Letter related to search and examination procedure".
Unfortunately there is no particular document type available for this kind of matter.

Pilvi Koski
EPO User Support