Supported browsers

Patent Information Marketing

Supported browsers

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Espacenet supports the following browsers starting from the indicated browser version:
  • Google Chrome: 64
  • Mozilla Firefox: 60
  • Microsoft Edge: 80
  • Apple Safari: 15
:!: If you are using other browsers or older versions of the supported browsers, some features may not work.
Kind regards

bschlech

Re: Supported browsers

Post by bschlech » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:10 am

Hi,
I use Google Chrome browser for Espacenet:
More often a problem occurs in My Espacenet -> My Patents:
Though the list of docs was deleted the N° of docs did not!
But instead displaying a running circle, and not deleting the previous N°indication of docs:

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/my-espacenet

By the way,
what browser(s) are you recommending??

BR

Burkhard

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:53 am

Dear Burkhard,

Thank you for your post. We could not reproduce the bug mentioned, but communicated it nevertheless to the technical team.

With regards to the browsers, all supported browsers as mentioned above, starting from the indicated version, are recommended equally.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Olivia_Tsang

Post by Olivia_Tsang » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:13 pm

Hello,

I use Safari version 13.1.2 and since a few weeks ago Espacenet would not load on my laptop - when loading https://worldwide.espacenet.com/ all I get is the load bar showing the page is loading but it will not actually load. Is my version no longer supported? I have accessed Espacenet through the same WIFI on my phone so I know it's not the network. I am a patent attorney working from home, so not being able to access Espacenet on my laptop is a big issue.

Thanks.

Olivia

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:57 am

Dear Olivia,

Thank you for your message. I would first suggest that you update your Safari browser to the latest version. If it does not work thereafter, please tell us and we will see how we can help.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye

Olivia_Tsang

Post by Olivia_Tsang » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:38 am

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately there appears to be no update available to me.

This, however, may be relevant - when I tried to air drop a patent document I found on Espacenet from my smartphone to my laptop, the following message showed:

403This request has been rejected due to the violation of Fair Use policyhttp://www.epo.org/searching/free/espacenet/fair-use.html

(Please note that the web link shown no longer exist.) As far as I know, the "fair use" policy is to prevent machine search or excessive use of the service, but I only use Espacenet perhaps a few times a month so I can't see how this could be a violation of fair use. I also fail to see how I am able to access Espacenet service on my smartphone through the same WIFI connection if it is a violation of fair use issue.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:08 pm

Dear Olivia,

If you have an old Mac, it can be that Safari updates are not supported by Apple Corp.
Espacenet does unfortunately not work with Safari 13. It still works with Safari 14 although, as indicated above, we can only warranty proper functioning with Safari starting with version 15.
Another trial which could be worth would be the installation of Chrome on your laptop and/or smarphone.

Thank you for mentioning the broken link. I have forwarded this information to our technical team.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Olivia_Tsang

Post by Olivia_Tsang » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Dear Andree

Thank you for your assistance. Just posting an update to let you and others know that the problem was due to an older version of Safari, and having an older (only a few years old!) MacBook newer versions of Safari are not available to me. However, installing Chrome 64 has resolved the issue and I can now access Espacenet.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:56 am

Dear Olivia,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that installing Chrome 64 has resolved the issue.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye
Kind regards